This week was very full. I bustled to many new baby appointments in this burgeoning heat and was so grateful for the creation of ice cream! I carried a fuller work load with the husband gone and was reminded what a blessing a good nap can be. After every tantrum or sore fit from teething there is a moment of pure baby cuddling bliss that is a reminder from God as to why all this is worth the struggle. Right now I laugh as I watch little one on the monitor sleep with feet out the crib rails cross ways. You would think it would be more comfortable to sleep the other way but then again it is a little present from God to see the daily humor of children. I am so grateful for the week that has passed and looking toward greater goals this week. One day at a time…
Goals for week beginning 7-9
Take my sweets to a play group every week. He did so much better this week at group play!
Read out loud to him for an hour a day. Lunch time is turning out to be the perfect story time. He chews intently while his eyes focus on the pages. He may be too young yet but I have an urge to buy his first chapter book. Maybe Charlotte’s Web…
3. Finish Life on Planet Mom. I have almost finished this review to follow shortly!
Work 30 minutes daily on quilt. My progress is coming along nicely and the pride wells at having almost completed something that was a real toil for me.
Do Yoga 30 minutes daily. I feel more “alive” this pregnancy than the first. I was a bit of a bump on a log last time and exercising daily has truly helped my energy levels.
6. Start piecing together baby’s room. I didn’t get far on this. I feel lost moving things without the other half.
Create separation and welcome home traditions. (We don’t have our own yet!)
Continue to cut down on clutter!
9. Red Velvet Cake recipe perfection.
Week Goals for week 7/16
1. Take little one to weekly play date.
2. Continue to read aloud an hour a day.
3. Work on quilt daily.
4. Finish Life on Planet Mom.
5. Continue to work out 30 minutes a day.
6. Add nightly walks with the little one.
7. Write him a love letter.
8. Mail off care package.
9. Organize hall closets.
10. Find baskets for deep freezer.
What are your goals this week?